Voronezh State University
Domashevskaya Evelina P.
Head of Chair, D.Sc., professor.
Offers of high school on participation in joint researches with the European universities within the limits of thematic priorities of the Seventh frame program of scientifically-technological development of EU
Cooperation / Nanosciences, Nanotechnologies, Materials and New Production Technologies - NMP / Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies / Materials
NMP-2008-2.2-1 Area: Атомное и электронное строение наносистем
The brief description of the project: The aim of the project:
Obtaining data of the electron-energy spectra of the states in valence and conduction bands, revealing its peculiarities under passage to nanosized structures with quantum wells, quantum wires, quantum dots and nanocomposites with the use of X-ray and electron spectroscopy methods including usage of synchrotron radiation. Determination of the different energy states of atoms in quantum dots, nanoclusters and nanocomposites for explanation of the nonlinear electrophysical, magnetic and optical properties in connection with the size effects. Modeling of the electron energy spectra and nanosystems spectral characteristics.
- revealing of the substructure and quantum sized effects in nanostructures and nanocomposites;
- identification of the energy levels caused by substructure and quantum sized effects;
- revealing of the Coulomb blockade and single electron tunneling influence on nonlinear electrophysical properties;
- determination of the density of the localized states influence on on nonlinear electrophysical and magnetic properties;
Expected results: Expected results:
- New experimental data on the electron energy structure of the investigated systems, obtained by ultrasoft X-ray spectroscopy methods with the use of synchrotron radiation and laboratory equipment (X-ray absorption near edge structure provides information about conduction band structure; Ultrasoft X-ray emission spectroscopy provides information about valence band structure).
- Core levels binding energies and effective charge states information obtained by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy with the use of synchrotron radiation.
- Surface layers phase composition information.
- The analysis of the size factor influence on electron-energy spectrum of the investigated structures.
- Dependences of the revealing properties of the investigated nanostructures on the electron energy spectrum, its features and the phase composition.
- Analysis and dependences of the structures contained nanoparticles production technology peculiarities on the electron energy spectrum, its features and phase composition.
Scientific and practical importance of the obtained results based on the determined properties, regularities and peculiarities of the electron-energy spectrum and phase composition of the investigated structures showing new unique properties opens scientific basis for developing of the unique structure formation nanotechnologies.
Obtained results could be used for developing and following adjustment of the technological aspects for creation of the quantum sized structures with the specified properties. This is necessary for creation of the in principle new micro- nano- and optoelectronic devices.
The countries of partners under the project: EU countries
The information on the organization
Voronezh State University
CBS RIP, 478а, VSU, 1 Universitetskaya pl.