Belgorod State University
Lisetskii Fedor N.
Director of Federal and Regional Center for Aerospace Monitoring of Natural Resources, Head of chair, DSc, professor.
Telephone: +7-4722-301176; +7-4722-301177
Offers of high school on participation in joint researches with the European universities within the limits of thematic priorities of the Seventh frame program of scientifically-technological development of EU
Cooperation / Environment (Including Climate Change) / Climate Change, Pollution, and Risks
Analysis of the influence of global climate changes on erosion and deflation in the agricultural areas of Europe and development of projects of soil fertility reproduction
The brief description of the project: Present change of climate in agricultural area of Europe is related to the change (increase or decline) of total amount of precipitations, their kind and season, and the increase of average annual temperature mostly during winter months.
This process consequently resulted in the increase of the proportion of rainfall erosion in the total erosive destruction of soils (especially on the territory of the Ukraine, Moldova and other countries), and nearly complete failure of erosion during melting of snow. The warming most obviously contributes to the extension of vegetation period of crops what leads to the change of their erosion resistance along with the increase of soil ministering.
A considerable weather change in winter period which goes along with shortening of freezing season and the increase of winter precipitations results in transformation of wind resistance of ecosystems that means that deflation resistance of soils changes in the most windy spring season.
The influence of climate change on the frequency and speed of winds causing deflation in South Europe is still not clear.
The climate change leads to the transformation in the process of already eroded (deflated) soil formation. The tempo and direction of soil formation changes under the direct influence of climate transformation and change of the role of vegetation in the soil formation process. Besides, it becomes evident that the climate directly influences this process through the increase of hydromorphism and heat provision of single territories.
The Objective: To analyze the influence of global climate changes on erosion and deflation processes in the agricultural areas of Europe and to develop the projects of soil fertility reproduction in the changing environment on the basis of mathematical modeling and geographic information Systems.
Expected results: 1. Maps of meteorological factor of water and wind erosion for climate conditions of the beginning of the xxi century, the years of 2015 and 2030.
2. Maps of vegetation effectiveness for soil preservation in climate conditions of 2000, 2015 and 2030 on the basis of polyzonal space pictures, a maps of vegetative indexes for 2000-2008, and also prognosis maps of activity of vegetation for the term of till 2015.
3. Maps of erosion and deflation resistance of soils in European steppe and forest-steppe zones in climate conditions of 2000, 2015, 2030.
4. Maps of soil formation rate in climate conditions of 2000, 2015 and 2030, for soils of different degree of erosion.
6. Results of zoning revealing the similar areas with present and future changes of erosion processes in agricultural landscapes functioning.
7. Projects (strategies) of soil recourses preservation and reproduction for each of the revealed similar areas of agricultural zones of Europe.
The countries of partners under the project: Germany, Greece, Spain, Poland
The information on the organization
Belgorod State University
BSU, ul.Pobedy, 85