Erasmus Mundus is a co-operation and mobility programme in the field of higher education which promotes the European Union as a worldwide centre of excellence in learning.
The programme supports European top-quality master’s courses and enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries. It also provides EU-funded scholarships for third-country nationals participating in these master’s courses, as well as for EU-nationals studying at partner universities around the world.
European higher education institutions interested in establishing an Erasmus Mundus master’s course with other European higher education institutions, establishing partnership with third-country institutions or applying for other Erasmus Mundus grants, should click on ‘Opportunities for higher education institutions’. There are also details on the opportunities Erasmus Mundus offers to higher education institutions in third countries.
If you are a graduate student and would like to find out about Erasmus Mundus master’s courses, apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, and other details about the scholarship scheme, go to ‘Opportunities for students’. This section includes a list of all Erasmus Mundus master’s courses.
Academic and professional scholars can also contribute to and benefit from the Erasmus Mundus programme. The 'information for scholars' section provides details on teaching and research scholarships.
Organisations interested in working with Erasmus Mundus to promote European higher education globally will find information under ‘Opportunities for institutions other than higher education institutions’.
ERASMUS MUNDUS EXTERNAL COOPERATION WINDOW
The EM ECW is a co-operation and mobility scheme in the area of higher education co-operation launched by Europe Aid cooperation Office and implemented by the Executive Agency Education, Audiovisual and Culture.
The Erasmus Mundus External Co-operation Window (EM ECW) objective is to achieve better understanding and mutual enrichment between the European Union and third countries co-operation in the field of higher education through promoting the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills at higher education level. This will be achieved through the promotion of partnerships and institutional co-operation exchanges between European Higher Education Institutions and Third Country institutions and a mobility scheme addressing student and academic exchanges.
More specifically, the EM ECW aims:
- To enhance the international co-operation capacity of universities in third countries;
- To promote co-operation between sending and hosting institutions;
- To enable students to benefit linguistically, culturally and educationally from the experience of pursuing academic studies in another country, and to promote EU values;
- To improve the transparency and recognition of studies and qualifications, in particular building on the "acquis" and achievements gained of the Bologna process in this area;
- To provide good students from vulnerable groups with higher education;
- To enhance the skills and qualifications of foreign higher education staff so that they can contribute actively towards improvement of quality;
- To build the capacity of the administration and public and private sector by participation of their staff in higher education mobility activities (especially through doctorate and post-doctorate activities);
- To enhance in the medium term the political, cultural, educational and economical links between the European Union and Third-countries;
ERASMUS MUNDUS EXTERNAL COOPERATION WINDOW Web-site: http://www.iamonet.de